Our fantastic client is looking for a creative and technically minded VFX Artist to create stunning VFX to amplify gameplay, create unforgettable moments, and help bring worlds to life for millions of fans.
At this studio, they work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because they understand that the best ideas are ones generated together. They are creators of a hit survival-fantasy franchise played by millions, and operate independently as part of a network of studios now owned by Microsoft. We have a rich history of entrepreneurship and empowerment that will carry us forward as we reach new levels of quality, ambition, and polish.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Work with our VFX lead to prototype, iterate and refine a wide variety of VFX content in the Unreal engine.
- Apply creative and technical skills to create systemic and custom VFX solutions.
- Learn and own VFX needs for current and new title.
- Create and implement stunning VFX content which is optimized and performant.
- Collaborate with team members to iterate and refine ideas to achieve the best results.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience (Core Traits)
- Ideally brings 3+ years of experience in the games industry as a VFX artist.
- Self-motivated problem solver with the ability to own small to mid-sized projects.
- Learning mindset and keeps up to date with new industry technologies and techniques.
- Portfolio showcasing AAA-quality visual effects using particles, animation materials, sprites, custom shaders, and more
- Solid understanding of PBR materials and lighting.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer
- Experience with visual scripting tools, such as Blueprint or Bolt, and shader or material graphs
- At least one shipped title as VFX Artist