About The Position
This studio is seeking an Unreal Engine FX Artist with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular real-time FX. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly in engine to create and optimize stunning FX
- Collaborate with the team to create high quality effects like fire, smoke, explosions, fluid simulations, etc.
- Create libraries of Niagara particle effects
- Consider lighting and other integration techniques to the overall scene design
- Use Unreal Engine as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Provide department and production leads with responsible estimates for FX tasks and identify any risks to the effort
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of FX tools and development processes
- 2+ years experience working with in-engine effects, preferably with Niagara
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics and shaders
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance
- Solid grasp of the principals of animation and lighting
- Good understanding of real-time physics and fluid simulations
- Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools
- Experience with Houdini a plus
- Good mathematical skills to solve mathematical problems that arise when working in-engine
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Knowledge of virtual production integration for film and television a plus
Working here entitles you to participation in health care plan (with employer contributions), dental and vision coverage, life insurance, vacation and sick pay, craft services (snacks, beverages, food), support of continuing education and training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities. We are proud of our culture. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games