USA / permanent /
This studio is seeking a motivated Systems programmer (UE4) to join our development team. We’re looking for an engineer with a strong foundation in software engineering who enjoys working on a diverse set of challenging problems, in a highly collaborative and iterative environment. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers, and artists.
• Develop high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment.
• Understand user workflows to develop software that is easy to use and improves productivity.
• Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
• Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
• Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
• Maintain build stability by tracking, finding, and fixing some of the more difficult bugs that surface during development.
• Optimize builds for memory and performance across many platforms.
• Highly proficient in C++ programming language.
• Comfortable with multi-threading, templates, and optimizing for size as well as speed.
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
• Experience with multiple languages, frameworks and tools a plus.
• Strong 3D math skills. • Self-motivated and passionate about games.
• Good team communication skills, able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations • 1+ years of Unreal Engine 4 experience.
• 3+ years of industry experience.