Remote (US), USA / permanent /
This client is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Their mission is to have as much fun creating the best casual games in mobile as customers have playing them. This current portfolio of games is played by over 25 million players each month.
This studio is seeking to grow talent with strong engineers experienced in building games. They want innovators who consider themselves driven, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where they can deliver their best. This position can be on-site or fully remote.
• Design and implement core game features and systems that can scale to millions of users.
• Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, artists, producers and QA.
• Contribute across disciplines to shepherd features from initial design to deployment.
• Work with engineers and the team to manage tasks and schedules.
• Contribute to the development and growth of other engineers
• Utilize a variety of platforms, frameworks, SDKs and APIs.
• Support products post-launch.
• Participate in an agile environment, keeping the team updated with your progress.
• Must have 5-7+ years of experience
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience
• Fluent in C# and at least one of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin
• Track record of delivering games on the Unity3D Engine on iOS and Android
• Demonstrated expertise in several of the following specialties: gameplay, physics, 2D/3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics.
• Ability to communicate proactively with artists, designers, producers, and other engineers.
• A creative mind with a strong sense for what it takes to build game features for a great user experience. Demonstrable passion for building games.
• Understand the mobile ecosystem - testing, release process, live maintenance, library integration.
• Demonstrated control of programming languages and a deep knowledge of software design practices including separation of concerns, event-driven
architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, maintainability, extensibility and testability.
• Experience with Agile Practices such as Scrum or Kanban, CI/CD, testing, code reviews, pair programming.
• Experience with live operating games is a plus.
• Experience with server development is a plus.
• YOU MUST LOVE PLAYING GAMES!!!!
Desired Qualities • Continual desire to learn new technologies.
• Highly motivated, organized, self-managed, team player with strong influencing skills.
• Strong sense of ownership to deliver features and products.
• Quality mindset
• Heart of a mentor, desire to elevate those around you.
• Great communication skills both written and verbal.
• In-depth knowledge of gaming culture.
• Competitive compensation package
• 401K with employer matching
• Flex PTO policy
• Paid Health insurance
• On-site Yoga classes and gym
• Annual mobile device budget
• Catered lunch on Fridays
• Exciting Company Trips!
• Super fun working environment