USA / permanent /
Sr. DevOps Engineer
US Studio is seeking a motivated Sr. DevOps Engineer to join a talented engineering team. The role’s primary responsibilities will be designing, implementing, and maintaining the automated builds and deployments of applications and online services. The role will interact with development teams to enable the adoption and implementation of DevOps practices and principles for current and future projects. All candidates will need a strong desire to work closely with software engineers on the design and implementation of CI/CD systems using cloud-hosted solutions.
• Support cloud-based architectures; deploy and maintain applications and online services in AWS utilizing infrastructure automation/management tools (ex. Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
• Demonstrated experience building and deploying Linux container based applications and online services using container orchestration engines and platforms
• Experience automating deployments within Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment paradigms
• Expertise in load balancing, routing, monitoring, and securing highly available web services in cloud environments
• Ability to research, design, and complete DevOps game development projects independently
• Demonstrated ability with script languages (ex. Bash, Python, Groovy, or Perl)
• Excellent attention to detail and commitment to high quality work
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work closely with on-site and off-site developers
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills
• Responsibility for mentoring DevOps engineers on the team
• Commitment to continuous personal growth in DevOps technical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years work experience (or equivalent related training and experience)
• Expertise in maintaining containerized applications using Kubernetes and orchestrating deployments.
• Strong skills in maintaining Kubernetes fleets, especially with Amazon EKS.
• Experience using Cloudformation,and AWS resource cli tools/SDKs (AWS cli, eksctl, boto3)
• Working Knowledge of using Kubernetes control, setup, and component tools (kubectl, kubeadm, kubelet, kube-proxy, etc)
• Ability to configure and maintain Jenkins automation server to build and deploy applications in container based environments
• Proficient in DNS, Certificate management, TLS, Load Balancers/Proxies (AWS Load Balancers, Envoy) and familiarity with OIDC/OAuth authentication mechanisms
• Practical experience with source code management/version control using Perforce and Git
• Highly skilled using scripting languages Python, Bash, and Groovy
• Worked in agile development scrum based team environment
• Strong skills in Python, Bash, and Groovy script languages
• Working knowledge of database systems - AWS RDS, MySQL, NoSQL
• Designed, Implemented Architectures for Cloud and Cloud Hybrid distributed computer networks and systems.