Remote (US), USA / permanent /
Our Client is establishing the next frontier of digital music and culture. With a talented team of artists, writers, game developers and engineers, they've spent the past year experimenting with technologies and partnering with top musicians to find a winning formula that combines the unlimited possibilities of digital space with the immediacy and communion of live performance.
Music is just the first step — they are is also prototyping how artists and brands might find a new home using AR technology, social platforms and a persistent gaming metaverse. Informed by our talented creatives and the voices of fans, gamers and digital creators, this will be a new home to bring cultural experiences, branding and digital retail into an unprecedented digital world.
This role will serve as a lead, conceptualizing, designing, and participating in the implementation of core game mechanics for augmented reality applications. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a small project-oriented development team utilizing co-development partners to build fully realized AR experiences for mobile. Additional experience working with major brands in the music, fashion, and lifestyle industries is a major plus.
Reporting To: Chief Creative Officer
LOCATION United States, West Coast, Los Angeles
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Experience balancing multiple game mechanics for acquisition, retention, and monetization within a games-as-a-service paradigm.
• Creating infinitely repeatable game mechanics.
• Building engaging core and meta loops to retain customers for years.
• Able to communicate designs with clear and concise documentation.
• Comfortable with expanding on design briefs through detailed design specification documents.
• Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready product specs.
• Be a key player in contributing to roadmap planning.
• Break down multifaceted development features into estimated sprint plans to guide our product from creation to launch.
• Work with team leadership to define the operational properties of project development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management and budgets.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience working on interactive mobile experiences.
• Portfolio of work showcasing samples of core game mechanic design for mobile applications.
• Experience leading teams of game developers.
• Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
• Strong analytical systems design skills
• Ability to create functional prototypes to test design ideas.
• Ability to design and conduct user research to understand customer needs and pain points
• Strong communication skills.
• Competency scripting in Unity or Unreal.
• Experience working with major brands in the music, fashion, and lifestyle industries is a major plus.
• Augmented Reality experience is also a plus.
• Competitive salary
• Great benefits, including healthcare and a 401(k)
• Generous paid-time-off
• Flexible work environment
• Teambuilding and events in amazing locations