Our brilliant clients specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. This studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.
This studio is looking for a talented and passionate Lead VFX Lead Artist for an unannounced next-generation RPG. The ideal candidate has a deep love of RPGs, extensive experience working in game engines - particularly Unreal, robust knowledge of technical art tools and pipelines. They are looking to level up the visuals for their games and are looking for a talented and passionate individual to join them!
- Develop visually stunning particle and shader effects that match Studio's games through the creative use of particles, geometry, and animation.
- Work with the Design and Concept teams to develop clean, highly readable VFX that support our gameplay needs.
- Design, create, and integrate VFX from start to finish in the Unreal engine.
- Concept, propose, and present creative ideas to the team.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within performance budgets.
- Test, de-bug, solve problems, and optimize VFX for different platforms.
- Review the work of other VFX Artists and provide feedback.
- Train and mentor other VFX Artists.
- Handle scheduling and scoping to provide realistic timelines for projects.
- Oversee the VFX team, including hiring, training, performance, and resolving issues.
- Stay up to date on best practices and the latest next-gen industry standards.
- Minimum 5 years commercial production experience in a VFX Art role.
- Experience shipping at least two AAA titles as a VFX Artist and at least one AAA title as a VFX Lead Artist.
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of VFX
- Mastery of VFX fundamentals, including particles, textures, lighting, materials, technical aspects, and game limitations – specifically using the UNREAL Engine / Tools. (Niagara, Cascade.)
- Able to demonstrable strong technical knowledge of effects generation within an engine.
- An aptitude for learning new systems quickly.
- Expert-level proficiency with Houdini, Photoshop, 3DSMax, After Effects and/or other 3D software packages.
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, present, and execute ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Must have the drive to conquer technical challenges.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner and within deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with and managing external partners.
- Proficient with JIRA.
- Familiarity with InXile RPG games.