USA / permanent /
Character TD / Rigger
Our company is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers, and distributors of videogames and interactive services.
The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams here are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
We have our next AAA game in development and we are looking for a Character TD / Rigger with a blend of strong technical skills in rigging, animation, and tools programming as well as a good artistic sense. Technical Artists are challenged to rig, automate processes through tool development, and ensure optimal performance and look in-game engines.
• Work directly with Character and Animation teams to define and create the best rigs, tools and workflows for the Character and Animation teams.
• Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines.
• Create the tools and establish the engine export pipeline for rigging, characters, and animation.
• Be proactive - Work effectively with Animators and Character artists so that they are aware of concerns and issues dealing with animation production.
• Be self-driven - Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
• Be diligent - Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over animations tools and pipeline throughout the projects development including fixing bugs, assigned by project leads.
• Provide support to games in production - Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the product.
• Provide team/company support - Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
• Document pipeline and tools development processes Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
• Extensive knowledge of Python and DCC tools APIs
• Production experience in Motion Builder and Maya
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character and facial rigs
• Experience building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
• Able to own the skinning process for a variety of characters, garments, and gear
• Good understanding of real time animation systems and game console constraints
• Experience using motion capture systems
• Key Frame Animation Experience
• 3D modeling and texturing skills a strong plus
• Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines
• Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
• Deep passion for games as a craft
• Good positive attitude and outlook Candidates for this position are required to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
• Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
• Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
• Paid holidays
• Flexible work schedule